Manati Lodge is situated on the Rio Negro which has fewer mosquitos than other parts of the Amazon. It is still important to bring insect repellent (containing DEET) and light clothing with long sleeves/pants to discourage them. Biodegradable insect repellent is best for the natural environment.
Manaus City has several pharmacies however you may want to ask your local doctor for any medications you’ll require on your trip.
What to Bring to the Amazon
The Amazon can be hot, humid, sunny and raining all at the same time. The following items are suggested so you can fully enjoy your time in this incredible landscape.
- Insect Repellent containing DEET
- Camera with zoom
- Light shirts with long sleeves
- Long pants / shorts
- Sturdy shoes for walking in the jungle / socks
- Pocket Flashlight
- Personal medications
- Cash for any extras (ATMs are plentiful in Manaus city)
- And most importantly: Very high spirits!